Saturday, June 14, 2008

Yeah, Mama!

Yesterday as Kylee & I got into our car just having completed a grocery run, from the back seat I hear clapping & "Yeah, Mama". It just warmed my heart, praise from my daughter. Even though I am not exactly sure what she was praising me for... that we were finally going home or that I had just purchased all the items for our Father's Day Dinner or that I got us all buckled in. Whatever the reason it was sweet. Joel has been teaching her this at the dinner table, praise for a good dinner. But this was completely impromptu. I suddenly remembered...
When we were praying for & waiting for Kylee to join our family, a close friend & mentor suggested that I pray for a verse for my daughter. One morning I felt like God gave me this verse:
"From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise," Ps 8:2


a picture unrelated to the post, just because

2 comments:

Kara said...

I just got goosebumps hearing your scripture and how the Lord allowed you to put those two things together (your prayer and your verse and then Kylee's little "mama praise"

It really is in the small things that I personally see God the most. How fun that you were able to see his favor and treasure in you today through the sweet mouth of your beautiful daughter.

Cute pic!

Anonymous said...

God is good to remind us in small ways, often, how we have prayed his Word and how it comes back many months later in a sweet blessing from your daughter's lips (another one of His special blessings through His gift to you!)
We are all so blessed by our Lord and the special people in our lives.
Love to You All, Mom P.