This was Kylee's first time in the Keystone State, although she met most of the Hunsberger family at the reunion last summer in Maryland near the Chesapeake Bay. We stayed with Uncle Dan and Aunt Mariela and family (cousins Leslie, Kelsey and Illiana), and we very much thank them for their hospitality-- once again! Kylee enjoyed playing with the cousins and running around and exploring Uncle Dan's farm. And I think the cousins got a "kick" out of Kylee's karate kick ("hey-yah!") that she often shows people. Kylee also helped DaDa (Joel) mow Uncle Dan's lawn with the Steiner (you haven't really mowed a lawn until you have mowed with the Steiner!). And Kylee is also a fan of basketball-- she kept trying to dribble the ball and wanted DaDa to help her dunk the ball.
The infamous "hey-yah!"

Uncle Dan and Aunt Ruth Ann Moyer and their family (cousins Jesse, Crystal, Tyler, and Alex) also stayed at the farm, so there was quite a bit of trail blazing with the four-wheelers as well (Joel especially liked that-- thanks to the Moyer cousins for letting Joel have fun driving the four-wheelers!). And we should also note that Joel got the Steiner mower stuck a couple times, but fortunately the four-wheelers had winches and helped save the day (great foresight on the part of Jesse, Tyler, and Alex)!
Kylee absolutely loved running around Uncle Bill's and Aunt Jeanette's dairy farm as well -- she had so much fun and could have stayed there for an entire day. Cousin Reuben showed Kylee exactly where cow milk comes from! She kept saying "cow, cow" and also enjoyed petting the calves and watching them eat.





6 comments:
Young McKylee had a farm....wow - what a FUN weekend making more memories -Y'all really are giving her such a RICH childhood full of friends and special family - especially her great grands - So SPECIAL! I know y'all had a blast - Can we adopt your family, Joel? They look like FUN! FUN! FUN!
Wonderful pictures!!!!!
We really had a very nice weekend with you guys.
The girls still talking about kylee's karate kick. How cute....
Hope we can see you all again soon!
love, aunt Mariela
It looks like Kylee might love being a farm girl. I guess she is just a great all around girl! The farm has so much to offer to children. I am glad she is getting to enjoy so many different aspects of life! You all look great and like you had a wonderful Memorial weekend! I love all of the pictures. Joel looks great in red!
Much Love,
Mom P.
Looks like you had a great time. i love the corn on the cobb photo in the last post too.
Those are awesome pics. I really love the one with her buns sticking out while she looks in the fence at the animals. Very cute. I am still loving how you keep stylin' this little cutie's hair! Go mom!
What a great time you had in J'town!! All those wonderful experiences for Kylee and she made me soooo homesick! Wish I could have been there.
Post a Comment