Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Keller Playdate #2


We had a fun afternoon playing with our boy. It turns out that when a child is over a year the Korean Agency allows/encourages a second visit. I am guessing this is because the child is more aware and it can be more traumatic for them, leaving the only place and person they know & love. I am grateful for the way they are so concerned and diligent about doing what is best for the children.
We didn't see as many smiles today, because he was awaken from his nap early to meet & play with us. But still cute and sweet. This boy loves mandarin oranges and it seems they can solve almost any mood. I think I need to go buy some to have for the next several days! Foster Mom seemed a bit sad today as well. I can only imagine how difficult this is for her. It is very evident how much she loves him and he, her. She said that she has shown him our pictures everyday since she received them from us, which is so sweet. I am praying there is some recognition for him of us. I can see that the next few days are going to be difficult and emotional for all.
We were delighted to receive a packet of pictures beginning the first month of his life. He was a beautiful baby. There are lots of pictures including his 100 Day Celebration and his 1st Birthday (Tol)! What treasures for us to have these pictures. The 1st birthday is very important in Korean Culture. On their 1st birthday one of the traditions is to have them sit in front of several items. Then you allow them to pick up whatever attracts them. The items they choose are supposed to represent what they may become someday. Keller chose a pencil and money. The pencil symbolizes that the child will become a successful scholar. The money of course says he will be rich.
We plan to do some shopping this afternoon and then of course tomorrow is the big day of picking up our son! Thanks for your prayers and comments!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad for another good visit! I am certainly praying for all of you and his foster Mom for the transition. God can make the transition easier and better than we could ever try. I pray that all will go well.
Much Love to All!

Kala said...

I'm sooooo excited for you guys! I'll be checking back and praying for a smooth transition. He's adorable!!

Beth K said...

I can't get over how absolutely adorable he is! We'll be praying all day tomorrow for peace and ease and comfort as Keller transitions from his foster home to his forever home! Can't wait to hear all about Gotcha Day!

Love the sightseeing pictures! How special you get to celebrate this trip with such good friends! I'm sure having Sybella there is helping Kylee with all of the change that is coming.

Blessings! Miss you!

chinababymom said...

So thankful you got another visit. I LOVE the 1st birthday info! That is PRECIOUS! It will be interesting to see how that pans out in his life! With you two as his parents, he is destined for greatness!! Can't wait to see pics of his Gotcha Day and pics of him and Kylee together. We love you!!

Mary Lou Oswald said...

Oh my, I could hardly wait to get back on here( trouble with internet last eve and this AM!! ) but so happy to see the new pictures! Yes, this is difficult for all involved and we will continue to pray for a smooth transition. God is good and His is a miracle working God! Praise the Lord for what He is about to do!
Hugs...
Mom/Grandma O.

Kara said...

Wow. Definitely lots of emotions. So awesome that you got those pictures. A gift! Can't wait to see a picture of the WHOLE family together - Kylee included. :-)

DiJo said...

What a blessing! I love hearing about how God has protected Keller for this moment in time. He gave him a precious foster mother to teach him, nurture him, and most of all to love him! What a gift to have this relationship with her now. I know you will keep in touch! And, your precious photos! Answered prayer!

We will be praying for a safe and happy journey home!

I can't wait to see him with his big sister!

Love,
Diana