Wednesday, March 5, 2008

ONE YEAR AGO TODAY........

March 5, 2007 was a day we will never forget! The day we had waited, what seemed an eternity for, was finally here. The online rumor boards were saying, "The Stork has Landed". I had been on the phone with my friend Diana, who was also expecting a referral in this batch, telling each other to call as soon as one of us heard something, anything. We were beside ourselves with excitement! I paced the floor all morning with the phone glued to my hand, waiting for it to ring. And then it finally came. The phone rang. I answered. The voice on the other end (our family coordinator) said, "Shauna, you have a daughter." Wow, just thinking about it now makes me emotional. Here is what I posted the next morning to our online journal:

Referral Day - Posted March 06, 2007

As you can imagine the last 30 hours have been amazing! We got the call around 1pm yesterday (Monday, March 5th). I (Shauna) was home by myself. As the family coordinator began to tell me about our daughter I began to cry. I could barely write down the things she was saying. When we hung up I immediately called Joel. I was trying to talk to him through my tears of joy. But he wasn't sure at first if they were indeed tears of joy or news of more delays. Eventually I got out, " We're Parents". We were both excited. But he had a busy day at work and wouldn't be able to jet home just yet. So even though I wondered what in the world I would do with myself for that time, I agreed not to share the news until he was home so we could call our families together. As we knew they would be, everyone was thrilled to hear our news.

I didn't get much sleep last night. But it was a happy-restless night, knowing that today would bring pictures and more news about "our daughter"! Joel was able to work from home today so that we could experience this together. A little after 9 a.m. this morning the Fed-Ex truck pulled up. As the delivery girl came up the walk I was snapping her photo. I apologized and explained what this special package was all about. She was very happy for us and congratulated us. Then Joel & I ran back to the couch and together opened the envelope. There she was right on top. We giggled at the cute chubby cheeks. We fell in love with her, again.





God had in one phone call given us the desires of our hearts.
Psalms 20:4







Soon after hearing the news of our referral, my mom sat down and wrote this song for Kylee...

KYLEE'S SONG

From so far away came the news today we’ve been waiting for so long.
At last the time has come that we can bring you home to join our family.
We can’t wait to see your precious face and features, hold you in our arms at last;
For, you were promised long ago; and now the time has passed.
So, we’ll give thanks and praise our God for blessing us with you;
And, we’ll be grateful, ever grateful, for our gift brand new.
We’ll cherish you; we’ll pray for you; we’ll teach you all His ways,
And watch you blossom through the years, our precious little girl. (Xiao Mei)



NO WAY, That's me!?!

6 comments:

Beth K said...

What an exciting day to remember! We are so happy that Kylee is now here and such a big girl with so much joy! Congratulations all over again!
Love, Josh, Beth & Aiden

Kara said...

Thanks for the tear-jerker. Don't even get us AM's (adoptive mommies) going down memory lane together about how our children came to us. We will just be a big pile of mush, mush, mush. How fun to get to enjoy your one year anniversary today of that glorious phone call that has changed your lives. Kylee only gets prettier every day Shauna!!! God is good.

DiJo said...

Thank you for sharing the wait and your exciting news with me one year ago today! I will never forget it! And, then to have the blessing of seeing you as a new Mommy in China was such a gift! God was so faithful to us as we waited to hear, "Congratulations, you have a daughter!!" Happy Anniversary!
Love,
Diana

Unknown said...

One year ago today we became some of the goofiest aunt uncle and cousins you have ever met. We are cuckoo for Kylee! We still have the original picture we printed out on our fridge as a reminder that GOD DOES NOT BREAK HIS PROMISES....EVER! We love you ALL and are so proud to be a part of Kylee's family! She has truly lived out the meaning of her middle name. What a symbol of HOPE, indeed! O.K., I will stop gushing again. We can't HELP ourselves.....Happy Delivery Day!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Okay, I totally meant to come over yesterday and say congrats! I remember the great anticipation I felt to hear about and see your daughter. Kylee was a beauty then and is a beauty now...

I praise God for the gift of Kylee and adoption!

Love,
Lisa

DiJo said...

Oh, I LOVE the pics.... What a little ADORABLE peanut she is!!!! Love the "Baby LuLu" outfit pic too!!!
So fun to talk to you yesterday!
I miss you!
Love,
Diana