I don't have much time to read these days, but I have been wanting to read this book for several months now. Since we decided to drive cross country for vacation/family visit this year I decided to take advantage of the 40+ hours in the car to read.
If you haven't read books or blog (http://tiredsupergirl.blogspot.com/) by Susanna Foth Aughtmon you have been missing out.
Sue's writing is captivating, candid & conversational. Sometimes it seems she is reading from my personal journal. I read her first book, "All I Need is Jesus & A Good Pair of Jeans" a couple of years ago. I remember within the 1st chapter my eyes welling up with tears as I realized I was not the only "Tired Supergirl". It was comforting, encouraging & challenging.
"My Bangs Look Good & Other Lies I Tell Myself" brought more of the same. It reads like a journal and yet like a devotional. Her truth telling makes for some outloud laughter, serious facts & it will resonate with you. You & I are not "the only ones". It's about the lies we tell ourselves, the lies we listen to & the lies we are sucked into on a daily basis. All are fruit (rotten fruit) of the ultimate Liar! Sue begins each chapter with one of these lies & ends each with the Truth.
Whether you are a young single, married with or without children or recently sent your youngest off to college you will relate to this book-it's lies & it's truths, Jesus' Truths.
Thank you Sue, for being transparent, inspiring & a Truth Telling Tired SuperGirl.
As Sue ends the book,
Fight on tired supergirls, and stand firm! May you take out the Liar with a sweet roundhouse kick the next time he comes calling. Or just whack him over the head with the Bible-that works too. May the Lord fill you with his strength and shine the light of his truth on your very souls. Amen.
Available now from your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker publishing group or from Amazon:http://www.tinyurl.com/goodbangs





2 comments:
Sounds like a great book! I'm adding it to my reading wish list. Thanks for sharing!
Shauna, this sounds like a great book for women to read. Thanks for sharing with us! Glad you were blessed by it! Books can be such an inspiration and help...especially good Christian ones!
Love,
Mom
Post a Comment