Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"I like Wyoming"



We heard this quote multiple times last week, "I like Wyoming." Joel & I felt the same. We had a great trip and loved seeing some of God's amazing creation. We loved the mountains, meadows, trees, geysers (Old Faithful being only one of many), mudpots, waterfalls & of course all the animals in their natural habitat. It was incredible. It seemed that every few miles the scenery changed completely, to another beautiful expanse. We saw bears, pronghorn, deer, chipmunks, elk, moose, yellow-bellied marmots, ravens, many buffalo and among others. The animals were the highlight for Kylee. She also loved the alpine slide, the aerial tram ride & the stagecoach ride too. Like we did in Kauai last summer, we saw as much of Yellowstone National Park & Jackson Hole that we could in the time we had. It was worth it. It was a great family vacation. Some of Joel & my highlights were the crazy, wild geothermal activity (more than the rest of the world combined), seeing a moose (one of the last animals we saw), and the night we drove through Lamar valley and herds of buffalo surrounded the road & the cars. The night we saw the buffalo there was also a rain & hail storm. When the hail started the buffalo began to stampede. We were amazed but also hoping they wouldn't turn and run in the direction of our car. As we left the valley we looked behind us and saw an amazing, double-full rainbow over the hills. It was the perfect conclusion to a great day!
We got over 600 great pictures, so I apologize for the # of pictures here. But wanted to give you a glimpse of my favorites.













6 comments:

Rhea said...

I love me some geothermal activity! ( Oh, and I love those cute peiple in the pics! ) Miss youuuuuu! XO's

Sharon Simon said...

These pics are GREAT! So glad that you put up so many! Glad that you had a wonderful family vacation.

Anonymous said...

Isn't God's creation just wonderful? Family vacations to see and enjoy it all are great too!
Just think, heaven will be even more wonderful and beautiful! We are so blessed!
Thanks for sharing your vacation pictures with us all!
Love,
Mom (Grandmom)

Mary Lou Oswald said...

These pictures bring back wonderful memories of our vacation at Yellowstone a couple years ago!! I want to go back! It is so awesome to see the breath- taking sights of God's creation. Kylee is getting to be quite the vacationer! Thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures!
Hugs...
Mom/Grandma O.

Natalie said...

Sounds like a great trip. Looks really beautiful and to think we live nearby and never go.
I love the first picture.

quilt'n-mama said...

What an awesome vacation! I love all the pictures! Hope you guys are doing well! We will be in DC Oct. 24-26th for the Marine Corp Marathon- let us know if you might be able to join us for dinner again on Saturday night (same place for the LWB Charity Team:) We'd love to see you! We will be driving out (are we crazy????) and will be staying near Rosslyn and all the kids will be with us:)
Blessings,
Gayly