Friday, May 2, 2008

The Beginning of the Journey...

One year ago today we stepped onto a plane on it's way to China to meet & bring home our beautiful daughter. We will never forget the joy, fear & excitement of that day. We had begun the paper journey for Kylee 2 years earlier and our dreams were about to come true! It was the trip of a lifetime!

4 comments:

Kara said...

Oh how I love going down memory lane.....especially when it comes to remembering how I brought my Little girl home! I can only imagine what that day felt like for you. Cute pictures!

Anonymous said...

Dear Joel & Shauna,
How awesome is our God to have brought such a wonderful blessing into your lives and ours! It hardly seems possible that it has been a whole year since you were able to meet her for the first time. What a joy and delight she has been and we are all truly blessed! I am so happy for you and rejoice with you! Mom

Rhea said...

This was by FAR the longest trip we have EVER been on. Or, at least it FELT like it. We never ventured too far away from the computer, as I recall, leaving many chores undone that week! It was pitiful, but WORTH it! Thanks so much for taking us ALL along!

Rhea & Family

E said...

I can't believe it has been a whole year! Time sure does fly. It gave me goosebumps seeing those pictures of you guys on the plane, I remember stalking your blog looking for updates and seeing the pictures of you guys holding sweet Kylee for first time. We wish you many, many more years of happiness and celebrating anniversaries like this!!
Erin