Tuesday, October 18, 2011

1st Day of School

This is a big school year for both kiddos. Kylee started Kindergarten & Keller started preschool! They were both excited about going to school. And I am happy to announce they both love it. After breakfast with Dad (as a family) & pictures for mom, we all piled in the car to drop Kylee off for her 1st big day. Several have asked how I (Mom) held up that 1st day. I didn't expect to get emotional, we were just all so excited for her. But as we were driving up to the school I asked her if she was nervous at all. She said, "no, just excited!" Then she hopped out of the car, said goodbye and marched up those stairs, barely glancing back, wearing a back pack as big as she is. I suddenly had to swallow hard. In a moment she seemed way to grown up & full of confidence. I was so proud of her.






Keller started preschool one week later. It was also a great morning. He had no tears either. He was a bit hesitant to let me go, but when he saw all the toys, he was easily distracted. When I picked him up he was full of smiles and loads of info about his wonderful day. He is still like this every day at pick up. However, Keller is a bit more attached to mom and most school days he declares he is not going to school, but staying with mom. But we have never had much resistance once we get there & he sees his class.




2 comments:

Toyin O. said...

Your kids are just adorable!

Glenda McMath said...

Just catching up on blogs......I love and miss you all so much! Can't believe the kids are sooooo big!!!