
After we received our referral for Keller, we realized we needed to do the room switch sooner than planned. Kylee would be moving into the bigger room with the bigger bed & furniture. But it was grey, previously an office, and boring. So Kylee & I went shopping. We found this cute comforter set at Target. I wanted to use similar colors to her nursery, so that I could still use some of her wall hangings and stuff. So we found a similar, flowered, patchwork set, only brighter. Then we went and picked paint swatches to consider. Before we even picked up the swatches, Kylee was insisting that she wanted a pink room. I convinced her that we should look at several different colors...green, aqua, lavender & pink. But she stuck to her decision. It would be pink. I loved her lavender nursery and was tempted to use a similar color. But I wanted her to have some input & to love her new room. After all, baby brother is taking over her old room. I wanted her to be more excited about the new room than she was concerned with losing her old one. So even though Daddy & I were neither one too sure about the bright pink she selected, we went with it. Kylee was very happy to help Mommy paint. And in one day between the two of us, we had a new pink room. After I was done, I stepped back and thought, "oh no, it is soooo pink! I don't want to repaint, but this is really bright!" However, Miss Kylee solved it, she very enthusiastically stated, "Mommy, I love it! It's beautiful!" So it has grown on me and after putting everything together she still loves it and I love it too. I mostly love that she loves it! There are still a couple little things I want to do, but it is mostly finished. Just like with preschool, she was ready to move into her new room and hasn't looked back. Now on to Mr Keller's room.
PS. Received my renewed passport on Saturday. Hoping Kylee's will arrive in the next few days.




9 comments:
Wow! I love it too! The room just seems to fit Kylee perfectly! You're such a good mommy for letting her make choices and take part in creating her new, beautiful room! Can't wait to see you soon!
Wow! How exciting for Kylee! The room looks great and very happy for a happy little girl! It totally changes the look of the room and makes it so girly and inviting for a little girl! I'm so happy that she likes it! You should post pictures on facebook for friends and family to see.
Lots of Love!
Grandmom P.
such a perfect little girl room!!! i had a pink room when i was growing up too :-) i love it!
It IS beautiful!! That is quite something that she is SOO sure of herself! The room looks so inviting! Good girl, Kylee!!
Love,
Grandma O.
The room is so great Shauna! I didn't realize you were taking Kylee to Korea with you! How cool! You must be getting excited. Can't wait to see Keller's room.
I love this story! I am so glad you love your new room Kylee!!
Super cute! Yall did a great job :)
How can you not LOVE that adorable room!!!!
We have a lot of pink going on over here too!!! You are motivating me to get Ruby's room done! We have been dragging our feet!
Great job. It really is precious!!!
Woohoo on the passport too!
Love,
Diana
So....i know you are working on my nephew's room, too...where are THOSE pics? :) By the way, have you ever seen pics of your niece and nephew's ( and your brother's) new rooms? Or am I just that horrible? :(
Post a Comment